Covid 19 Safety
APEX best practices for personal protection, and protecting our clients (students/teachers/etc.) from Covid 19:
The safety and well-being of our employees as well as our customers (including our students, their families, teachers, and admin staff) in the communities we serve, has always been a top priority at Apex. That is why we are making several changes to our education and certification processes to include health and hygiene, as well as implement CDC procedures to employ cleaning and safety practices that support the health and wellness of our employees and customers.
Apex will include these hygiene protocols in our program and classroom visits:
Apex staff will:
- Be certified by the ChildCare Education Institute and have their Health and Hygiene Certification on file with the State.
- Take their temperature daily and stay home if they have a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit as well as inform their supervisor.
- Be attentive to symptoms of Covid-19 within ourselves and others.
- Follow the school’s policy on wearing masks and gloves.
- Utilize proper and frequent hand washing following CDC guidelines.
- Keep hands clean.
- Replace high fives with socially distant air fives/air fist bumps/or similar.
- Carry and use hand sanitizer (hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of our hands and rub them together until they feel dry).
- Be self-aware to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people when applicable.
- Communicate ways to reduce the spread of illness and reinforce good hygiene in the classroom at the end of our daily lesson with our refocus trick/tip of the day.
- Follow all other school guidelines and policies related to Covid-19 health and safety..